I don't have much time right now. This week ended MUCH better than last week. I am getting ready to take dinner (Chili's) over to a friend who just had surgery on Wed. We will just spend the evening hanging out with them.
I did peak at my horoscope again... I think I should just quit writing my blog and just tell everyone to read my daily horoscope to know what is going on in my life, know how I am feeling, and how I dealing with things. Anyways, today's was:
The last few days may have been a bit strange, as if winds were blowing in from other dimensions. Now, however, the weirdness begins to dissipate and your life returns to normal -- or as close to normal as it's going to get for a while. Don't waste time trying to figure out where you are going. Just focus on what needs to be done for others right now. Your true pleasure comes from being productive in the present moment, not dreaming about the unknown future.
Weird? Coincidental? How much more true can that get about me for right now in my life? My measure of success on a day-to-day basis is typically how productive I have been. I have always been a list maker and love the feeling of crossing things of my to-do list, I am a true byproduct of my upbringing... Thanks, mom. :) Since I haven't been productive at work, I have really been trying to focus on those around me, it also helps me to forget about my frustrations; it feels good to be there for others. And finally, the part that refers to dreaming about the unknown future... how true is that!? I know that we probably shouldn't be because it makes things a little frustrating, but it is so hard not, too! :)
Anyways, I do feel as though life is slowly returning to "normal" (whatever that might be)... or at least status qua for now. No major plans for the weekend. I am probably going to have to go into work for a couple of hours tomorrow, didn't get everything done today... but I am really OK with that because I got a lot of other things done. We are going to go visit my father-in-law (FIL) on Sat... that in itself is a whole other story. And finally, I am hoping to get a couple of runs in for the weekend. I ran 2.3 miles yesterday and walked 1.0 mile. Through the ease of technology (Nike+ IPOD hardware and website), I figured out I could challenge my brother to a race. We have until the middle of March to see who can get the fastest 3 mile time. I am really out to beat him! :) I just really want a normal weekend for now; my brain has been on such overdrive that I really hope that I can keep it in neutral through the rest of the weekend.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your blog with me :) You make me want to go check out my own horoscope. I'll add that to my to-do list ;) Tiff
Post a Comment