I have been trying to think about what to post probably since Thursday. What is there for me to say about this day? Once again, this day is a perfect bitter-sweet example of life... it is very lonely and isolating not being "able" to be a mother on this day when you want it so badly, but at the same time... I also truly am happy because I have such wonderful women and mothers in my life. My own mother, both of my grandmothers, aunt's, friends, etc. It is a day to celebrate them as well, for they deserve this day as well.
I have decided that Mother's Day is a like Valentine's Day. It is a good day if you have a significant other or a mother in your life. However, I want to take a minute and recognize the phases of life that Mother's Day may be difficult for; I am a person of balance... everyone needs to be recognized, not just those who are in "traditional" roles and "typical" phases of life.
* Those that are single and still waiting for Mr. Right.
* Those struggling with infertility.
* Those who have lost their mother.
* Those caring for a child with special needs.
* Those who are estranged from their "child."
* Those who are estranged from their mother as adults.
* Those caring for an aging parent.
* Those who have lost a child through a miscarriage, accidents, or for health causes.
I know that my list could go on and on. I know that all of us who have challenging circumstances in our lives and who are "waiting" for something... do have many, many things to be thankful... and on an everyday basis... however, there are moments where everywhere you look, it just reminds you of the struggles and grief. This time of my life has really heightened my awareness to the fact that the grass is not always greener on the other side... it has made me aware of all the extraordinary circumstances that many people endure, and talking to them on an everyday basis and from the outside... you would never know how heavy their heart can be.
T and I laid low today and had a productive day around the house. I finished painting the front hallway. T mowed the lawn. We played a little Wii and then we went to T's Sunday night football game. I had a wonderful conversation with my own mother; she was doing really well and we had many laughs. It always feels so good to hear her laugh and be relaxed. For the most part, our house is in order and our lives are slowly starting to feel back in order again, after a very, very long week. I received a special card from my dad that acknowledged this "day" and where we are at in our lives. It is definitely a keeper and memory for this time or our lives. I also kept close to my heart a special prayer for a friend in waiting as they traveled to San Antonio to visit with a potential birth mom in the adoption process; what an ironic day to have such a meeting.
Anyways, it is the start of a new week. Bootcamp started again. My goal for this camp is to lose another 5# and I will back down to the weight that I was when we got married. I have tried really hard not to be too specific with weight goals for fear of failure. My goal has always been to get fit... but now that I am so close to my weight I was when we got married, I have decided that I am going to embrace this goal and hope that I can achieve this step.
I need to start getting ready for work. This week is going to be busy as we have a survey at work on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Take care to you all regardless of what phase of your life you are in. :) Remember, if you need someone, I am here for you just like you have been there for me.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment