Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Update

OK -- Update #1: Things are settling down somewhat. Good. I have continued to talk to my cousin almost daily. My uncle continues to do well. They have not staged is Multiple Myeloma yet, but the "feeling" from my cousin's family is that they have caught it early. He has started some treatment. His chemo is in the form of a pill and he is receiving a 10-day course of radiation. At this point, everyone is feeling very comfortable that his cancer is treatable at this point and nothing is immanent by a long-shot. Good. I have shared some tears, but also laughter with my cousin. I just hope I am able to meet her needs. It feels good to have family needs returning to "normal," whatever that might be!

Update #2: We still have not heard anything about the birthmother that our profile was given to. I did e-mail our social worker and asked her how many other profiles the mother was given. We are 1:10 right now and she has not narrowed down the selection at all that we know of. She is not due until the end of July... so she still has plenty of time before a "match" needs to be made... not "decision," because the official "decision" cannot be made until 48-hours after the baby is born.

Update #3: Other than the oxymoron of posting this on my blog... We are kind of keeping this on the down-and-low... but I think we have decided to go a head and purchase some nursery furniture this coming weekend and start cleaning out our "third" bedroom. Our "third" bedroom is the room in our house that has been slated to be a nursery since we moved in. It has been the room with the door shut for the past 4-5 years. I am really getting excited about this idea. My parents are going to be here later this spring and I have this image in my head being able to show them the beginning stages of what we are working for and waiting for. I think we are ready for this... when I think about it, I am a little excited.

Everyday life remains status qua... I guess. I have Bootcamp weigh-in tomorrow morning. My weight has basically plateued which I am trying to be OK with. I just keep thinking about where I started and remind myself that I need to be happy with a 10% loss. Why do you always want something more. :) Right now... on a scale of 1-10 of being content with life... I would rank it an 7-8. Good night.

No comments: