We really don't know too much more... we do know that she remains interested in us... she continues to be very undecided... we did have another phone conversation with her in "private" (no social workers present) and that went very well. We hope that maybe she decides she is willing to meet us... maybe if she meets us she will feel more comfortable with starting an adoption plan.
As with conception, the odds remain against us... at the time of signing, national statics show that only 50% of mothers actually relinquish their rights. However, 50% is a lot better odds than we had while going through infertility. I am also finding comfort and appreciate that she is honest about that she is not sure what she wants to do...
Being a big fan and advocate of personal space myself... I truly identify and understand her need for space; but, at the same time... plans in the big picture need to be discussed and made. A birth plan is needed so everything is handled smoothly and sensitively in the hospital. Maternity leaves needs to be arranged. We need to make financial arrangements to handle the final legal and adoption fees/costs. We need to get a car seat at the very least...
My level of patience over the past few years has constantly amazed me and I continually surprise myself. But I also know... what will I gain from being impatient? Nothing. Why waste my energy being negative and inpatient. It is what it is... we continue to wait...
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You said she was in her 3rd trimester? When is she due?
Don't panic! I know you want to be totally and completely ready and organized for when a baby arrives - but everything will work out! All that matters is having a baby in your arms! Take care! Praying for you both and the birthmom!
Post a Comment